20 August 1963 was the second of The Beatles’ six consecutive dates in the English seaside town of Bournemouth.
They played two houses on each night. Also on the bill were Tommy Quickly and Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas.
The Beatles stayed at the Palace Court hotel on each night of the residency.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney live: Cowboys Stadium, Dallas
- 1969: Mixing, editing: I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
- 1968: Recording, mixing, editing: Yer Blues, Mother Nature’s Son, Etcetera, Wild Honey Pie
- 1966: The Beatles’ Cincinnati concert is postponed
- 1965: Live: White Sox Park, Chicago
- 1964: Live: Convention Center, Las Vegas
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Crewe
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.