The Beatles embarked on another six-night residency at a seaside town on 19 August 1963. This time it was at the Gaumont Cinema in Bournemouth.
The group performed two shows on each night, with support from Tommy Quickly and Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas. On this first night they held a 20th birthday party for Kramer in their dressing room after the first show.
The Beatles stayed at the Palace Court hotel on each night of the residency.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh
- 1969: Recording, mixing: The End, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, Something, Here Comes The Sun
- 1967: Jason Starkey is born
- 1966: Live: Mid-South Coliseum, Memphis
- 1965: Live: Sam Houston Coliseum, Houston
- 1964: Live: Cow Palace, San Francisco
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.