This was The Beatles' third of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh
- 1969: Recording, mixing: The End, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, Something, Here Comes The Sun
- 1967: Jason Starkey is born
- 1966: Live: Mid-South Coliseum, Memphis
- 1965: Live: Sam Houston Coliseum, Houston
- 1964: Live: Cow Palace, San Francisco
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bournemouth
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.