The 2pm-4am session began with three stereo mixes of The End. These were numbered 1-3, despite six mixes having been created on the previous day. It was then edited to the end of Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight to create a final master version.
Something had previously been mixed on 11 July 1969, although subsequent overdubs had rendered them superfluous. This day's mixes were numbered 1-10, and omitted the instrumental jam that was previously a coda to the song.
Here Comes The Sun was given its finishing touches during this session. Harrison added Moog synthesizer in several places, recorded onto track four of the tape.
Some time after midnight the song was mixed in stereo. This was done in just one attempt, with the tape running slightly faster - at 51 cycles per second rather than the usual 50 - reducing slightly the length of the song.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh
- 1967: Jason Starkey is born
- 1966: Live: Mid-South Coliseum, Memphis
- 1965: Live: Sam Houston Coliseum, Houston
- 1964: Live: Cow Palace, San Francisco
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bournemouth
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.