This was The Beatles’ only concert appearance in the seaside town of Torquay, England. They performed at the Princess Theatre on Torbay Road.
Last updated: 7 March 2010
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh
- 2009: Paul McCartney live: BOK Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, The End
- 1966: Live: Suffolk Downs Racetrack, Boston
- 1965: Live: Atlanta Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
- 1964: Travel: London to San Francisco
- 1963: Television: Summer Spin
- 1962: Live: Hulme Hall, Port Sunlight – Ringo Starr’s first official show as a Beatle
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: The Beatles’ second day in Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
I was almost 14 years’ old when I saw The Beatles at The Princess Theatre in Torquay, Devon. My dear grandparents lived just down the road, on The Strand. The Beatles sang their new release, “She Loves You”. It was great! I hope Sir Paul has a long and happy marriage. So sad that dear John passed away so tragically, and dear George too.