The Beatles' 26th lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club took place on this day.
The group's lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 36th appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous underground venue on Mathew Street.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at BOK Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, The End
- 1966: Live: Suffolk Downs Racetrack, Boston
- 1965: Live: Atlanta Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
- 1964: Travel: London to San Francisco
- 1963: Live: Princess Theatre, Torquay
- 1963: Television: Summer Spin
- 1962: Live: Hulme Hall, Port Sunlight – Ringo Starr’s first official show as a Beatle
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1960: The Beatles’ second day in Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.