The seventh date of The Beatles’ final tour took place at the Suffolk Downs Racetrack in Boston, Massachusetts, where they gave one concert before 25,000 people.
The concert began at 8pm. The Beatles had previously played in Boston on 12 September 1964 at the Boston Garden. This time they were in the middle of a horse racing course.
The support acts during The Beatles’ final tour were The Remains, Bobby Hebb, The Cyrkle and The Ronettes. The group’s set consisted of 11 songs: Rock And Roll Music, She’s A Woman, If I Needed Someone, Day Tripper, Baby’s In Black, I Feel Fine, Yesterday, I Wanna Be Your Man, Nowhere Man, Paperback Writer and Long Tall Sally.
After the show The Beatles and their entourage stayed at a Boston hotel. They left the city at 11.30am the following morning and flew to Memphis, Tennessee.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at BOK Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, The End
- 1965: Live: Atlanta Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
- 1964: Travel: London to San Francisco
- 1963: Live: Princess Theatre, Torquay
- 1963: Television: Summer Spin
- 1962: Live: Hulme Hall, Port Sunlight – Ringo Starr’s first official show as a Beatle
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: The Beatles’ second day in Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.