This was The Beatles’ 10th performance at Hambleton Hall in Huyton, Liverpool.
It was booked by Wally Hill and Vic Anton, the promoters at the hall at the east of Liverpool. Hambleton Hall was a shabby municipal building which later became a probation office, situated on St David’s Road in Page Moss, Huyton.
The Beatles played at Hambleton Hall on 16 occasions. The other dates were 25 January; 1, 8, 15 and 22 February; 8 and 20 March; 20 August; 3 September; 15 and 29 October; 12 and 26 November; 10 December 1961; and 13 January 1962.
Also on this day...
- 2017: Paul McCartney live at Madison Square Garden, New York City
- 2010: Gibson to issue three John Lennon acoustic guitars
- 1976: UK album release: Ringo’s Rotogravure by Ringo Starr
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Helter Skelter, I Will
- 1964: Live: Municipal Stadium, Kansas City
- 1962: Live: Queen’s Hall, Widnes
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.