This was The Beatles' final performance at Hambleton Hall in Huyton, Liverpool, and their only appearance at the venue in 1962.
It was booked by Wally Hill and Vic Anton, the promoters at the hall at the east of Liverpool. Hambleton Hall was a shabby municipal building which later became a probation office, situated on St David's Road in Page Moss, Huyton.
The Beatles played at Hambleton Hall on 16 occasions. The other dates were 25 January; 1, 8, 15 and 22 February; 8 and 20 March; 20 August; 3 and 17 September; 15 and 29 October; 12 and 26 November; and 10 December 1961.
Also on this day...
- 2017: Beatles electronics guru Magic Alex dies
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day eight
- 1969: US album release: Yellow Submarine
- 1968: Recording: Wonderwall Music by George Harrison
- 1966: George Harrison and Mick Jagger visit Dolly’s nightclub, London
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1963: Television: Thank Your Lucky Stars
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.