Despite their perceived rivalry in the media, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones were good friends who often socialised together. On this evening George Harrison and Mick Jagger, along with Jagger's girlfriend Chrissie Shrimpton, went to the nightclub Dolly's in London.
Dolly's was situated at 57-58 Jermyn Street, and was often visited by The Beatles. On another notable occasion on 2 May 1966, Paul McCartney and Neil Aspinall spent a night there with Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones' Brian Jones and Keith Richards.
Also on this day...
- 2017: Beatles electronics guru Magic Alex dies
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day eight
- 1969: US album release: Yellow Submarine
- 1968: Recording: Wonderwall Music by George Harrison
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1963: Television: Thank Your Lucky Stars
- 1962: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.