This was The Beatles’ fifth performance at Hambleton Hall in Huyton, Liverpool.
It was booked by Wally Hill and Vic Anton, the promoters at the hall at the east of Liverpool. Hambleton Hall was a shabby municipal building which later became a probation office, situated on St David’s Road in Page Moss, Huyton.
The Beatles played at Hambleton Hall on 16 occasions. The other dates were 25 January; 1, 8 and 15 February; 8 and 20 March; 20 August; 3 and 17 September; 15 and 29 October; 12 and 26 November; 10 December 1961; and 13 January 1962.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Coliseo de Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 1970: Recording, mixing: That Would Be Something, Valentine Day, Every Night, Maybe I’m Amazed by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Recording: I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
- 1967: Recording, mixing: A Day In The Life
- 1965: The Beatles fly to the Bahamas to film Help!
- 1964: Interviews: London Airport
- 1963: Live: Oasis Club, Manchester
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.