This was the last of The Beatles’ live shows at the Oasis Club in Manchester.
The building, which stood at 45-47 Lloyd Street, was redeveloped in the 1990s and no longer exists in the same form.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Coliseo de Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 1970: Recording, mixing: That Would Be Something, Valentine Day, Every Night, Maybe I’m Amazed by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Recording: I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
- 1967: Recording, mixing: A Day In The Life
- 1965: The Beatles fly to the Bahamas to film Help!
- 1964: Interviews: London Airport
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.