This was The Beatles' penultimate show at the Oasis Club on Manchester's Lloyd Street.
The building, which stood at 45-47 Lloyd Street, was redeveloped in the 1990s and no longer exists in the same form.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Tributes held worldwide to mark 30 years of John Lennon’s passing
- 1980: John Lennon dies
- 1969: Recording: Octopus’s Garden
- 1967: UK EP release: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: Recording, editing: When I’m Sixty-Four, Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1965: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Sheffield
- 1964: George Harrison visits Ringo Starr in hospital
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Lewisham
- 1961: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.