The Beatles’ 43rd lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club took place on this day.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 60th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre.
This was The Beatles’ first Cavern performance since John Lennon and Paul McCartney took a two-week holiday in Paris. The group’s previous appearance on the club’s stage had been on 29 September 1961.
Also on this day...
- 2019: The Beatles announce Singles Collection vinyl box set
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at State Theatre, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Maida Vale Studios, London
- 1968: Mixing, editing: Why Don’t We Do It In The Road, White Album crossfades, It’s All Too Much
- 1968: George Harrison flies to Los Angeles
- 1965: Recording: Day Tripper, If I Needed Someone
- 1964: Live: ABC Cinema, Hull
- 1964: Mixing: No Reply
- 1963: Radio: Easy Beat
- 1962: Live: La Scala Ballroom, Runcorn
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.