The penultimate day of filming in the Bahamas took place in a dilapidated hospital for handicapped children and elderly people on New Providence Island, the Bahamas.
This was the second day of filming at the location. The Beatles initially thought it was a disused army building, but were disgusted after discovering its true purpose, due to the poor conditions there.
Also on this day...
- 2016: Beatles producer George Martin dies
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Coliseo Yucatán, Mérida, Mexico
- 1970: Recording: It Don’t Come Easy by Ringo Starr
- 1963: Live: Royal Hall, Harrogate
- 1962: Live: Storyville Jazz Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1958: The Quarrymen play at Paul McCartney’s cousin’s wedding reception
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.