This was The Beatles' 61st evening show at the Cavern Club. They were second on a bill headlined by The Blue Genes, and which also featured Ian and the Zodiacs.
Overall this was The Beatles' 155th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2018: A hard day’s knight! Ringo Starr receives his knighthood at Buckingham Palace
- 2012: Yellow Submarine to be reissued on DVD and Blu-ray
- 1969: John Lennon marries Yoko Ono
- 1967: Recording, mixing: She’s Leaving Home
- 1966: Paul McCartney and Jane Asher return to England from Switzerland
- 1965: Filming: Help!, Austria
- 1964: The Beatles’ second appearance on Ready, Steady, Go!
- 1964: UK single release: Can’t Buy Me Love
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Romford
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.