A second day of filming corridor scenes at Twickenham Film Studios for A Hard Day's Night.
As on the previous day, a reporter from the BBC radio show Movie-Go-Round was present. This time only Ringo Starr was interviewed, by Lyn Fairhurst. His contribution was broadcast, along with the previous day's full group interview, on the Light Programme service on Sunday 12 April from 3-4pm.
Also on this day...
- 2018: A hard day’s knight! Ringo Starr receives his knighthood at Buckingham Palace
- 2012: Yellow Submarine to be reissued on DVD and Blu-ray
- 1969: John Lennon marries Yoko Ono
- 1967: Recording, mixing: She’s Leaving Home
- 1966: Paul McCartney and Jane Asher return to England from Switzerland
- 1965: Filming: Help!, Austria
- 1964: The Beatles’ second appearance on Ready, Steady, Go!
- 1964: UK single release: Can’t Buy Me Love
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Romford
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.