The Beatles filmed parts of A Hard Day’s Night at Twickenham Film Studios in the morning and afternoon, and in between visited London’s Dorchester Hotel to attend a Variety Club awards dinner.
This was the first of two days spent filming studio corridor scenes. The Beatles also gave interviews to Peter Noble for the BBC radio show Movie-Go-Round, broadcast on the Light Programme service on Sunday 12 April from 3-4pm.
Also on this day...
- 1965: Filming: Help!, Austria
- 1964: The Beatles’ first Top Of The Pops appearance
- 1964: The Beatles are given Variety Club awards
- 1963: Live: Regal Cinema, Cambridge
- 1962: Live: Kingsway Club, Southport
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.