Sir Paul McCartney performed the first of two concerts at the Estádio Olímpico João Havelange in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The two shows at the Engenhão, as the stadium is commonly known, bring to a close the South American leg of his Up And Coming Tour.
The setlist was identical to his recent show in Santiago, Chile, aside from the omission of My Love.
- Hello, Goodbye
- All My Loving
- Letting Go
- Drive My Car
- Sing The Changes
- Let Me Roll It/Foxy Lady
- The Long And Winding Road
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five
- Let ‘Em In
- I’ve Just Seen A Face
- And I Love Her
- Here Today
- Dance Tonight
- Mrs Vandebilt
- Eleanor Rigby
- Band On The Run
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- Back In The USSR
- I’ve Got A Feeling
- Paperback Writer
- A Day In the Life/Give Peace A Chance
- Let It Be
- Live And Let Die
- Hey Jude
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Frank Erwin Center, Austin, Texas
- 2012: Abbey Road outtake photograph sells for £16,000
- 1980: John Lennon’s to-do list at the Dakota
- 1969: Ringo Starr flies from New York to the Bahamas
- 1968: John and Yoko attend press launch of Apple Tailoring
- 1964: Recording: You Can’t Do That
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Ipswich
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.