Three days after their relationship began, John Lennon and Yoko Ono appeared in public for the first time, for the lunchtime launch party and press conference for Apple Tailoring (Civil and Theatrical), the second boutique from Apple Corps.
We're still involved in a hectic recording scene at the moment, although I've spent this week at the office. All that paperwork!
After the party Lennon and Ono walked the short distance to the new Apple Tailoring shop, at 161 King's Road, for the benefit of photographers. The boutique opened the following day.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Frank Erwin Center, Austin, Texas
- 2012: Abbey Road outtake photograph sells for £16,000
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Estádio Olímpico João Havelange, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 1980: John Lennon’s to-do list at the Dakota
- 1969: Ringo Starr flies from New York to the Bahamas
- 1964: Recording: You Can’t Do That
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Ipswich
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.