The lead single, ‘Weight Of The World’, was released in the US on 28 April. Starr’s cover of ‘Don’t Be Cruel’ was a b-side of the single, and was included on the Japanese edition of the album.
Despite high hopes for Time Takes Time, it failed to chart in the US and UK. It was released only on vinyl in Brazil, Germany, Mexico, and Spain.
A second single, ‘Don’t Go Where The Road Don’t Go’, had been planned, but was only issued in Germany on 21 September, with ‘Don’t Know A Thing About Love’ and the album outtake ‘Everybody Wins’ as b-sides.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Frank Erwin Center, Austin, Texas
- 2012: Abbey Road outtake photograph sells for £16,000
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Estádio Olímpico João Havelange, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 1980: John Lennon’s to-do list at the Dakota
- 1969: Ringo Starr flies from New York to the Bahamas
- 1968: John and Yoko attend press launch of Apple Tailoring
- 1964: Recording: You Can’t Do That
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Ipswich
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.