This was the second day in which George Harrison filmed a scene for Ravi Shankar’s feature film Raga.
Harrison, accompanied by his wife Pattie, plus Ringo Starr, Maureen Starkey and Mal Evans, had travelled to California on 7 June 1968.
Harrison’s first scene had been filmed on 10 June, the previous day. On this second day they returned to the same location, in Big Sur with views of the Pacific Ocean, where he and Shankar were filmed taking part in a teaching session, and talking while walking along a cliff top.
The party returned to England on 18 June.
Last updated: 9 June 2017
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Stadtpark, Hamburg, Germany
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Stade de France, Paris, France
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: NYCB Theatre at Westbury, Westbury, New York
- 2009: Yoko Ono honoured by Mojo magazine
- 1979: US album release: Back To The Egg by Wings
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Blackbird, Revolution 9
- 1968: Paul McCartney and Mary Hopkin are filmed for Apple Records
- 1965: The Beatles to be awarded MBEs
- 1964: The Beatles arrive in Australia
- 1962: Radio: Teenager’s Turn – Here We Go
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.