The Beatles’ second radio appearance took place on this day, on the BBC show Teenager’s Turn – Here We Go.
The recording took place at the Playhouse Theatre in Manchester. The Beatles took part in rehearsals from 4pm, and the show was taped from 8.45-9.30pm. This edition of Teenager’s Turn – Here We Go was broadcast on the BBC Light Programme on Friday 15 June from 5-5.30pm.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live at Stadtpark, Hamburg, Germany
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Stade de France, Paris, France
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at NYCB Theatre at Westbury, Westbury, New York
- 2009: Yoko Ono honoured by Mojo magazine
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Blackbird, Revolution 9
- 1968: Paul McCartney and Mary Hopkin are filmed for Apple Records
- 1968: George Harrison films a second scene for Ravi Shankar’s Raga
- 1965: The Beatles to be awarded MBEs
- 1964: The Beatles arrive in Australia
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.