On this day The Beatles gave their 103rd lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club. It was also the 27th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 172nd known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including the evening events.
Also on this day...
- 2020: Paul McCartney announces Flaming Pie reissue
- 2020: Peter Jackson’s documentary The Beatles: Get Back delayed till 2021
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Filene Center, Wolf Trap, Vienna, Virginia
- 2013: Ringo Starr releases multimedia ebook Photograph
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at RDS Arena, Dublin
- 1972: US album release: Some Time In New York City by John & Yoko/Plastic Ono Band
- 1967: US album release: The Family Way
- 1965: Press conference about the MBE announcement
- 1964: Live: Centennial Hall, Adelaide
- 1963: Live: Grafton Rooms, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.