This was The Beatles’ 70th evening show at the Cavern Club, and saw them second on a two-act bill headlined by The Blue Genes.
Overall this was The Beatles’ 173rd appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows. It was also the 27th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Filene Center, Wolf Trap, Vienna, Virginia
- 2013: Ringo Starr releases multimedia ebook Photograph
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at RDS Arena, Dublin
- 1972: US album release: Some Time In New York City by John & Yoko/Plastic Ono Band
- 1967: US album release: The Family Way
- 1965: Press conference about the MBE announcement
- 1964: Live: Centennial Hall, Adelaide
- 1963: Live: Grafton Rooms, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.