This was The Beatles’ 104th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club. It was also the 28th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 174th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including the evening events.
Also on this day...
- 2023: Paul McCartney: “The last Beatles record will be released this year”
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: the Isle of Wight Festival
- 2005: Album release: Twin Freaks by Paul McCartney and Freelance Hellraiser
- 1964: Live: Centennial Hall, Adelaide
- 1963: Live: Southern Sporting Club, Manchester
- 1963: Live: Palace Theatre Club, Stockport
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Jacaranda Coffee Bar, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.