On this day The Beatles’ 71st evening show at the Cavern Club took place. They topped a bill which also featured Pete Maclaine and the Dakotas, and The Dennisons.
Overall this was The Beatles’ 175th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows. It was also the 28th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
Although the precise number of the group’s Cavern performances is not known, they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: the Isle of Wight Festival
- 2005: Album release: Twin Freaks by Paul McCartney and Freelance Hellraiser
- 1964: Live: Centennial Hall, Adelaide
- 1963: Live: Southern Sporting Club, Manchester
- 1963: Live: Palace Theatre Club, Stockport
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Jacaranda Coffee Bar, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.