The Beatles gave their 105th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club on this day. It was also the 29th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 176th known performance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including evening appearances.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Providence Performing Arts Center, Providence, Rhode Island
- 2009: Paul McCartney launches Meat Free Mondays campaign
- 1968: John and Yoko plant acorns for peace at Coventry Cathedral
- 1966: US album release: Yesterday… And Today
- 1965: Recording: It’s Only Love
- 1964: Live: Festival Hall, Melbourne
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Salisbury
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.