Lennon spent the next few days working on effects and tape loops, which were mostly assembled into a master reel on 20 June 1968. For this he worked largely just in the company of his girlfriend Yoko Ono, although he was joined on the 20th by George Harrison.
Also on this day...
- 2021: George Harrison’s All Things Must Pass gets deluxe reissue treatment
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Palace Theatre, Albany, New York
- 2014: Paul McCartney postpones seven US tour dates
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Barclays Center, New York
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at MGM Grand Garden, Las Vegas
- 2007: Yoko Ono appears on the BBC’s Desert Island Discs
- 1968: George Harrison films a scene for Ravi Shankar’s Raga
- 1966: UK single release: Paperback Writer
- 1964: Interview in Hong Kong
- 1964: Mixing: I’ll Be Back
- 1963: Live: Pavilion, Bath
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.