February 1964 was the month that The Beatles conquered America and began the British Invasion. It began, however, just as January ended, with two more shows in Paris for the group’s 18-day residency at the Olympia Theatre.
The Beatles’ setlist contained eight songs: ‘From Me To You’, ‘Roll Over Beethoven’, ‘She Loves You’, ‘This Boy’, ‘Boys’, ‘I Want To Hold Your Hand’, ‘Twist And Shout’ and ‘Long Tall Sally’.
Last updated: 25 March 2010
Also on this day...
- 1970: Ringo and Maureen fly to New York from Los Angeles
- 1969: Allen Klein discusses The Beatles’ purchase of NEMS
- 1968: Ringo Starr rehearses for Cilla Black’s television show
- 1967: Recording: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 1965: US EP release: 4 By The Beatles
- 1963: Live: Assembly Rooms, Tamworth
- 1963: Live: Maney Hall, Sutton Coldfield
- 1962: Live: Thistle Cafe, West Kirby
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.