On this day The Beatles gave their 80th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 127th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre.
Although the precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 1970: Ringo and Maureen fly to New York from Los Angeles
- 1969: Allen Klein discusses The Beatles’ purchase of NEMS
- 1968: Ringo Starr rehearses for Cilla Black’s television show
- 1967: Recording: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 1965: US EP release: 4 By The Beatles
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Assembly Rooms, Tamworth
- 1963: Live: Maney Hall, Sutton Coldfield
- 1962: Live: Thistle Cafe, West Kirby
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.