On this day The Beatles gave their 80th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 127th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre.
Also on this day...
- 1970: Ringo and Maureen fly to New York from Los Angeles
- 1969: Allen Klein discusses The Beatles’ purchase of NEMS
- 1968: Ringo Starr rehearses for Cilla Black’s television show
- 1967: Recording: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 1965: US EP release: 4 By The Beatles
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Assembly Rooms, Tamworth
- 1963: Live: Maney Hall, Sutton Coldfield
- 1962: Live: Thistle Cafe, West Kirby
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.