The Beatles performed two evening shows on this day. The first had been eight miles away, at Maney Hall in Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire.
This second show took place at the Assembly Rooms on Corporation Street in Tamworth, Staffordshire. The Beatles played for 30 minutes from 11.45pm-12.15am.
Support came from Gerry Levene & The Avengers and The Rebels. The Beatles played for around 30 minutes, and tickets cost six shillings and sixpence.
Also on this day...
- 1970: Ringo and Maureen fly to New York from Los Angeles
- 1969: Allen Klein discusses The Beatles’ purchase of NEMS
- 1968: Ringo Starr rehearses for Cilla Black’s television show
- 1967: Recording: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 1965: US EP release: 4 By The Beatles
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Maney Hall, Sutton Coldfield
- 1962: Live: Thistle Cafe, West Kirby
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.