This was The Beatles’ only concert at Liverpool’s Odeon Cinema. It took place on day 28 of their 1963 Autumn Tour of the UK and Ireland.
The two houses on this night were The Beatles’ first homecoming shows in four months, excepting a fan club concert earlier that day at the Empire Theatre.
As with each of the concerts on the tour, The Beatles performed a set containing 10 songs: ‘I Saw Her Standing There’, ‘From Me To You’, ‘All My Loving’, ‘You Really Got A Hold On Me’, ‘Roll Over Beethoven’, ‘Boys’, ‘Till There Was You’, ‘She Loves You’, ‘Money (That’s What I Want)’ and ‘Twist And Shout’.
Last updated: 24 April 2012
Also on this day...
- 1969: Television: John Lennon and Yoko Ono on The Question Why
- 1969: George Harrison live: Fairfield Hall, Croydon with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1967: The Apple Boutique opens
- 1965: Live: ABC Cinema, Manchester
- 1964: George Harrison’s Mornyork Ltd becomes Harrisongs Ltd
- 1963: Live, television: It’s The Beatles
- 1963: Television: Juke Box Jury
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1957: Live: Wilson Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.