This was The Beatles’ 148th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 264th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Television: John Lennon and Yoko Ono on The Question Why
- 1969: George Harrison live: Fairfield Hall, Croydon with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1967: The Apple Boutique opens
- 1965: Live: ABC Cinema, Manchester
- 1964: George Harrison’s Mornyork Ltd becomes Harrisongs Ltd
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Liverpool
- 1963: Live, television: It’s The Beatles
- 1963: Television: Juke Box Jury
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1957: Live: Wilson Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.