The debate was chaired by Malcolm Muggeridge, and largely focused on the subject of evil. The other guests were Henry Cecil, Gerald Cohen, David Cooper, General Sir John Hackett, the Reverend Christopher Neil-Smith, Paul Zeal and Canon Edward Carpenter.
The Question Why was broadcast live from 6.15-6.50pm. It was filmed in Studio E at the corporation’s Lime Grove Studios in London
Also on this day...
- 1969: George Harrison live at Fairfield Hall, Croydon with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1967: The Apple Boutique opens
- 1965: Live: ABC Cinema, Manchester
- 1964: George Harrison’s Mornyork Ltd becomes Harrisongs Ltd
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Liverpool
- 1963: Live, television: It’s The Beatles
- 1963: Television: Juke Box Jury
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1957: Live: Wilson Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.