On this day The Beatles gave their 147th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club. It was also the 44th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 262nd known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including the evening events.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr’s Beatles drum kit sells for $2.1 million
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at O2 Arena, London
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono make Apotheosis 2
- 1969: Television: 24 Hours: The World Of John And Yoko – day four
- 1969: Mixing: Hey Jude, Revolution
- 1967: Launch party at the Apple Boutique
- 1965: Live: Empire Theatre, Liverpool – The Beatles’ final Liverpool concerts
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.