Two days ahead of the opening of The Beatles’ Apple Boutique at 94 Baker Street, London, a launch party and fashion show was held in the building.
Invitations to the party read ‘Come at 7.46. Fashion Show at 8.16.’ The times had been chosen by John Lennon.
Beatles singer and songwriter John Lennon (1940 – 1980) hosting the Apple boutique grand opening in Baker Street, London, UK, 5 Dec 1967. pic.twitter.com/LrBkPIxAAn
— Terry O'Neill CBE (@Terry_ONeill) April 17, 2017
As there was no alcohol licence at the boutique, the only drink available was apple juice.
Various celebrities were in attendance, and Lennon, Harrison and Cilla Black were interviewed by radio reporter Brian Cullingford for the BBC. It was broadcast at 10pm on Late Night Extra.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr’s Beatles drum kit sells for $2.1 million
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: O2 Arena, London
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono make Apotheosis 2
- 1969: Television: 24 Hours: The World Of John And Yoko – day four
- 1969: Mixing: Hey Jude, Revolution
- 1965: Live: Empire Theatre, Liverpool – The Beatles’ final Liverpool concerts
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.