Studio One (control room), EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Geoff Emerick
The Beatles’ fifth fan club Christmas record, Christmas Time (Is Here Again), was edited on this day.
The session took place in the control room of Abbey Road’s Studio One, between 2.30pm and 5.30pm. The track had been recorded and mixed on the previous day.
Once the edit was complete, a copy of the mono master was made onto a 7½ inches-per-second tape. The reel was then sent to Lyntone Records, the company responsible for pressing the fan club release.
Last updated: 27 February 2018
Also on this day...
- 2016: George Harrison’s What Is Life gets new video
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Rexall Place, Edmonton, Canada
- 2001: George Harrison dies
- 1968: UK album release: Two Virgins by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1965: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1964: John Lennon appears on Not Only… But Also
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Huddersfield
- 1963: UK single release: I Want To Hold Your Hand
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Paul McCartney and Pete Best are arrested in Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.