The Beatles' 29th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date. It was their 88th show overall at the venue, and also the 13th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows there on the same day.
The precise number of The Beatles' Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963. This was their 74th overall appearance, including their lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2016: George Harrison’s What Is Life gets new video
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Rexall Place, Edmonton, Canada
- 2001: George Harrison dies
- 1968: UK album release: Two Virgins by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1967: Editing: Christmas Time (Is Here Again)
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1965: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1964: John Lennon appears on Not Only… But Also
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Huddersfield
- 1963: UK single release: I Want To Hold Your Hand
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Paul McCartney and Pete Best are arrested in Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.