The clip contains no footage of Harrison, but features dancers Emma Rubinowitz and Esteban Hernandez.
What Is Life was the second single to be released from Harrison’s 1970 opus All Things Must Pass. The song was a top 10 hit in the US and several European countries.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Rexall Place, Edmonton, Canada
- 2001: George Harrison dies
- 1968: UK album release: Two Virgins by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1967: Editing: Christmas Time (Is Here Again)
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1965: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1964: John Lennon appears on Not Only… But Also
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Huddersfield
- 1963: UK single release: I Want To Hold Your Hand
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Paul McCartney and Pete Best are arrested in Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.