On this date The Beatles gave their 61st lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club.
The group's lunchtime shows in the Cavern typically lasted from 12-2pm. Overall this was their 91st appearance at the Mathew Street cellar club, including their late-night shows.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows at the Mathew Street venue between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr’s Beatles drum kit sells for $2.1 million
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at O2 Arena, London
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono make Apotheosis 2
- 1969: Television: 24 Hours: The World Of John And Yoko – day four
- 1969: Mixing: Hey Jude, Revolution
- 1967: Launch party at the Apple Boutique
- 1965: Live: Empire Theatre, Liverpool – The Beatles’ final Liverpool concerts
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.