The Beatles’ 31st evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date.
Overall this was their 92nd appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their more common lunchtime shows.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 1971: US album release: Wild Life by Wings
- 1969: George Harrison live: Empire Theatre, Liverpool with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1969: Television: Ringo Starr and Peter Sellers on Frost On Saturday
- 1969: Television: 24 Hours: The World Of John And Yoko – day five
- 1966: Recording: Christmas radio messages, When I’m Sixty-Four
- 1965: US album release: Rubber Soul
- 1965: UK EP release: The Beatles’ Million Sellers
- 1965: US single release: We Can Work It Out/Day Tripper
- 1962: Live: Club Django, Queen’s Hotel, Southport
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.