This was George Harrison's fifth night performing with Delaney & Bonnie, the husband and wife act then on a brief tour of the UK.
Harrison performed on five of the tour's six dates, playing two shows each night. He appeared in Bristol, Birmingham, Sheffield, Liverpool and Croydon. He didn't perform at the Newcastle shows on 5 December, instead briefly leaving the tour to visit his unwell mother.
Several of the shows were also recorded for possible album release - the result was 1970's Delaney & Bonnie & Friends On Tour With Eric Clapton. Harrison was credited as "Mysterioso".
This was, of course, a homecoming show for Harrison. Although he kept a low profile during the tour, he is known to have sung songs including Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby on at least one occasion.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Television: Ringo Starr and Peter Sellers on Frost On Saturday
- 1969: Television: 24 Hours: The World Of John And Yoko – day five
- 1966: Recording: Christmas radio messages, When I’m Sixty-Four
- 1965: US album release: Rubber Soul
- 1965: UK EP release: The Beatles’ Million Sellers
- 1965: US single release: We Can Work It Out/Day Tripper
- 1962: Live: Club Django, Queen’s Hotel, Southport
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.