As with its UK release three days earlier, The Beatles issued their first double a-side single in the USA.
The single was issued on the same day as the US Rubber Soul LP, and a UK-only EP, The Beatles’ Million Sellers.
Also on this day...
- 1971: US album release: Wild Life by Wings
- 1969: George Harrison live at Empire Theatre, Liverpool with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1969: Television: Ringo Starr and Peter Sellers on Frost On Saturday
- 1969: Television: 24 Hours: The World Of John And Yoko – day five
- 1966: Recording: Christmas radio messages, When I’m Sixty-Four
- 1965: US album release: Rubber Soul
- 1965: UK EP release: The Beatles’ Million Sellers
- 1962: Live: Club Django, Queen’s Hotel, Southport
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.