The Beatles’ 10th Parlophone EP contained four of their biggest hits to date.
Just two weeks after the EP was released, We Can Work It Out/Day Tripper became their sixth million-seller in the UK.
The Beatles’ Million Sellers was issued as Parlophone GEP 8946, and was available in mono only. It was housed in a picture sleeve featuring a photograph by Robert Whitaker.
Also on this day...
- 1971: US album release: Wild Life by Wings
- 1969: George Harrison live: Empire Theatre, Liverpool with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1969: Television: Ringo Starr and Peter Sellers on Frost On Saturday
- 1969: Television: 24 Hours: The World Of John And Yoko – day five
- 1966: Recording: Christmas radio messages, When I’m Sixty-Four
- 1965: US album release: Rubber Soul
- 1965: US single release: We Can Work It Out/Day Tripper
- 1962: Live: Club Django, Queen’s Hotel, Southport
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.