This was The Beatles’ final performance at the Merseyside Civil Service Club, on Lower Castle Street, Liverpool.
The club was situated in a city centre basement. It was normally open only to members, but guests could be admitted with permission for a charge of three shillings.
This was also the last of four consecutive Tuesday night shows at the club by The Beatles.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Rexall Place, Edmonton, Canada
- 1974: John Lennon joins Elton John onstage at Madison Square Garden, New York
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Blue Turning Grey Over You, Stardust by Ringo Starr
- 1968: John Lennon pleads guilty to cannabis possession
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Christmas Time (Is Here Again)
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1964: John Lennon is interviewed for New Musical Express and BBC
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Lincoln
- 1962: Live: 527 Club, Lewis’s, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.