This was the 56th and final night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Rexall Place, Edmonton, Canada
- 1974: John Lennon joins Elton John onstage at Madison Square Garden, New York
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Blue Turning Grey Over You, Stardust by Ringo Starr
- 1968: John Lennon pleads guilty to cannabis possession
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Christmas Time (Is Here Again)
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1964: John Lennon is interviewed for New Musical Express and BBC
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Lincoln
- 1962: Live: 527 Club, Lewis’s, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Merseyside Civil Service Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.