This was The Beatles’ fourth performance at the Merseyside Civil Service Club, on Lower Castle Street, Liverpool.
The club was situated in a city centre basement. It was normally open only to members, but guests could be admitted with permission for a charge of three shillings.
This was the third of four consecutive Tuesday night shows at the club by The Beatles.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Estádio do Morumbi, São Paulo, Brazil
- 1995: Album release: Anthology 1
- 1968: George Harrison performs on Badge by Cream
- 1968: Yoko Ono suffers a miscarriage
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Carlisle
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1960: George Harrison is deported from Germany
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.