This date saw The Beatles' 58th lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club.
The group's lunchtime shows in the Cavern typically lasted from 12-2pm. Overall this was their 86th appearance at the soon to be famous cellar club on Mathew Street, including their late-night shows.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows at the Mathew Street venue between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Mediolanum Forum, Milan, Italy
- 1969: John Lennon is interviewed about returning his MBE
- 1967: US single release: Hello, Goodbye
- 1967: US album release: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: John Lennon films a sequence for Not Only… But Also
- 1964: UK single release: I Feel Fine
- 1963: Live: Rialto Theatre, York
- 1962: Radio: The Talent Spot
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.