This was the 55th and penultimate night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Mediolanum Forum, Milan, Italy
- 1970: US album release: All Things Must Pass by George Harrison
- 1969: John Lennon is interviewed about returning his MBE
- 1967: US single release: Hello, Goodbye
- 1967: US album release: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: John Lennon films a sequence for Not Only… But Also
- 1964: UK single release: I Feel Fine
- 1963: Live: Rialto Theatre, York
- 1962: Radio: The Talent Spot
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.